Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, the Marketing Director will inspire and lead the creative and media teams to create compelling brand and product stories. They will distribute them to target audiences across multiple on and offline channels including web, email, video, social media, PR, partnerships, and advertising. They will be consumer centric and can scope, brief, and oversee customer research, extract key insights, deliver insight back to the business and put it to action in the Marketing plan. In collaboration with the US based team, the Marketing Director will be a part of the senior leadership team and will continue to build the reputation of the company as the trusted North American category leader.
Brand Awareness & Storytelling
- Be the voice of the North American consumer and the company’s customer within the business
- Lead the implementation of customer surveys and research; analyze results and report on findings
- Work with the Customer Experience team to continuously input customer feedback into marketing programs and plans
- Brief research agency’s customer research as needed
- Create emotional connection with the target North American consumer for self-guided, active travel, and brand awareness by leading the creation and distribution of compelling brand stories
- Guide Global Brand team to create content and assets that resonate with the North American customer
- Plan the distribution channels for branded content, both online and offline, using earned, owned and bought media, and ensure measurability and accountability for investment
- Be the lynchpin between the North American Sales, Product and Global Performance Marketing and CRM teams, ensuring leads are generated at budgeted CPEs and enquiries are converted at forecast levels
- Monitor and direct performance budgets
- Provide trends and insights to the Global Performance team to optimize bid strategies and overall performance
- Deliver a customer marketing program that drives repeat booking and brand loyalty
Organization, Optimization & Planning
- Partner with Tech to improve the performance of the US website: user acquisition and onsite conversion.
- Oversee production of new North American-specific online content and adaptation of global content that drive relevant traffic based on keyword research and contributes to the North American ‘flavour’
- Work with the Global Tech team to continuously improve the online conversion funnel
- Partner with agencies as needed to conduct CRO and SEO improvement as needed
- Produce a North American marketing plan that aligns to global sales and marketing strategy and North American growth goals
- Produce and own the marketing budget and report on performance vs budget; reforecast where necessary
Team Leadership & Collaboration
- Identify the areas of specialism needed to deliver the North American marketing plan and recruit a team accordingly
- Set clear goals for the team and drive high performance
- Work closely with the global performance, brand and CRM/Martech teams to deliver against US growth goals and the marketing plan
- Work with the Chief Growth Officer to deliver the overall Adventure Sales and Marketing strategy and input into business reporting
- 15+ years in Marketing roles
- Must have worked in high growth, direct-to-consumer businesses
- Must be able to show how you have grown a direct-to-consumer brand (in revenue and customer terms) and have managed budgets upwards of $2m
- Will have experience across the marketing mix, but with a focus on digitally-led customer acquisition and brand-building
- Must be able to demonstrate how you have scaled a Marketing team
- Will ideally have previous experience marketing travel and/or active/outdoor products and services
- Experience in a Global business, with dotted line reporting and matrix management, a plus
- The role will suit autonomous individuals who thrive in nimble, rapid change businesses, not corporate environments
- Must be based in the Denver area. There is a hybrid home/office model with a minimum 2 days per week in the office.
This role is based in Denver, Colorado.
COMPENSATION$130,000-$150,000 commensurate with experience.