Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Head of Product (Brand Leader) is a pivotal position that defines the ethos and impact of the company's product offering. This dynamic leader will drive business growth and enhance brand affinity through category-leading products featuring distinctive design, consistent fit, and technical performance. Responsible for strategizing and executing a comprehensive plan, this role oversees product line management, design, development, materials, merchandising, and Go-to-Market. The Head of Product will integrate initiatives across our global business, acting as a thought leader and liaison between Content, Marketing, Distribution, and Operations teams.
- Build and manage a detailed long-term vision and product roadmap for the company by synthesizing market trends, consumer needs, and competitive intelligence into coherent and actionable strategies that align with the brand's ethos.
- Organize in-depth market research to identify emerging opportunities, unmet needs (whitespace), and viable competitive strategies. Develop data-backed plans to penetrate new market segments or deepen presence in existing ones.
- Create and execute comprehensive category strategies based on market analysis. (Pricing strategy, positioning products, and overseeing the product lifecycle).
- Lead a cross-functional team through product creation cycle. This includes setting seasonal themes, shaping product line architecture, creating special capsule collections, forming strategic
collaborations, and fostering an environment of continual innovation.
- Establish and manage a forward-looking Research & Development project pipeline.
- Champion sustainability by integrating eco-friendly materials and responsible manufacturing.
- Administer the Go-to-Market (GTM) calendar for the company, pinpointing new product release dates, identifying target consumer profiles, crafting competitive positioning narratives, and outlining comprehensive product marketing communication strategies.
- Demonstrated experience bringing differentiated product to life through materials, manufacturing and product development strategy. Ability to build and maintain close working
relationships with domestic and international suppliers.
- Oversee design teams to ensure visual identity, design language and fit of each product resonate
with the company's brand values and target consumers.
- Take ownership of setting long-term revenue targets, ensuring alignment with department and organization objectives. Develop and manage a prudent budget to optimize resource allocation and ROI.
- Collaborate closely with the Operations team to develop accurate sales forecasts and production plans. Act as the product point person in vendor relations, driving cost-efficiency and operational excellence through the supply chain.
- Assemble, guide, and inspire high-performing teams across product management, design, and development. Implement best practices, foster a culture of innovation, and ensure alignment with broader organizational goals.
- Act as a strategic guide, setting directional goals, and prioritizing key initiatives to drive product excellence and business growth.
- Cultivate an empowering work environment that fosters innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning.
- Work closely with Human Resources to craft and implement strategic talent management plans.
- Lead regular team meetings aimed at ensuring all departments are aligned on projects, timelines, and deliverables.
- Act as ‘Brand Leader’ for the business by representing the Brand in all activities including Long Term Strategy, Range Creation, Content Development and Distribution Development.
- Apply a data driven and analytical approach to product strategy; including, yet not limited to product prioritization, rationalization, and gross margins.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- 10+ years managing product teams in senior leadership positions.
- Strong focus on competitive analysis within the lifestyle and consumer product market.
- Demonstrated experience in technical apparel development and Go-to-Market planning.
- Experience in managing diverse talent and cultures.
- Proven ability in analytical tools for product line evolution and revenue optimization.
- Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience within a Group of Brands’ corporate environment a plus
- A passion for hunting, conservation and the outdoors.
- This is an in-office role based in Hailey, Idaho