Reporting to the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, The Director of E-Commerce will establish the strategic direction for current and future business growth of the DTC .com. This position helps drive exposure to and excitement for these products by leading a team of sales, customer service, and web development professionals. They strategize the direction for business growth through owning the customer experience and integrating the brand in every part of the customer’s journey with the brand.
The Director of E-Commerce and their team guides the real-time user experience through their first digital interactions with the brand and product. This leadership position collaborates with all stakeholders and strives to reach company goals through optimization of a cutting-edge website and overall customer experience.
E-Commerce Channel Strategy
- Responsible for the strategic direction and day-to-day operations of the .com to achieve aggressive growth, maintain a high standard of customer service, and optimization of the website, search engines, and social media to achieve KPI targets.
- Optimize the website and ensure brand freshness, automation, and ease of use. Develop and refine strategies for its growth and development.
- Use current data and market trends to make future budget and sales projections. Develop and evaluate E-Commerce strategies using expense tracking and profit and loss statements.
- Identify and implement customer retention campaigns which include modeling customer lifetime value, audience segmentation, and strategies for retargeting.
- Manage a calendar of site content to ensure brand freshness and importance throughout the year.
- Manage paid search, paid social, web development, and sales/support aspects of Sales and marketing operations.
- Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing department to meet objectives related to communication, paid media campaigns, consumer communication, and e-commerce trends in order to provide the best-possible customer experience.
- Lead implementation of paid digital strategy efforts including search, social, video, external retargeting, and display advertising to generate traffic and positive conversion rates.
- Select and organize contracted services with web development and paid search and social media teams. Work with contractors to continuously evolve the digital customer experience and ensure ease and satisfaction.
- Strategically plan and deliver on content optimization and personalization to increase conversion and meet company goals.
Team Leadership + Development
- Build a high performing eCommerce team. Manage the current sales and support team, web development, and marketing members. Evaluate future hires with an eye for continued growth and development.
- Manage outside agencies and contractors. Evaluate opportunities to bring functions in-house.
- BA/BS in business, marketing, information technology, communications, or a related field
- 5+ years of consumer eCommerce experience, 8+ years preferred.
- Strong background in both organic and paid social media initiatives.
- Experience in site operations and in optimizing site user experience through enhancements and platform updates.
- Passion to bring ideas behind a lifestyle brand that specializes in outdoor accessories to fruition by providing a first-class web experience.
- Ability to forecast demand and adjust priorities by using data to make decisions.
- Management experience with marketing, sales, and customer service. Strong project management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Shopify, HTML, A/B testing applications, CSS, and Google Analytics.
- Desire for innovation and improvement through maintaining relationships with the creative team and all other areas of the business.
- Knowledge of User Experience and design principles.
This role is based in Pennsylvania.