As one of three Brand Directors reporting to the CEO, the Brand Director is at the forefront of marketing for three brands. The Brand Director will collaborate with the GM and leaders in North America (and internationally) to introduce company brands to new consumers while elevating brand awareness in disc golf communities across North America. Leading a small team, The Brand Director will drive strategy, creative direction, category management, and execute at the highest level to drive revenue and implement brand initiatives. This is a unique opportunity to blend strategic planning, creative direction, athlete management, event management, category management, and hands-on execution. This is an in-person leadership role and will work out of the headquarters in Emporia, Kansas.
- Ensure brands are distinctive in image and marketing with a well-defined target consumer.
- Specify a consistent stories and themes to underpin brand position.
- Set direction for brand tonality in copy, graphics, and content communication.
- Define applicable sales channels and markets for the brand.
- Conduct market research to identify trends, opportunities, and competitive landscape, using data and analytics to refine brand strategies.
- Serve as a steward for brands, ensuring position, character, and messaging is consistent across all brand touchpoints.
- Develop concept and product portfolio.
- Define product architecture and nomenclature for products and technologies.
- Identify market opportunities and set direction for product innovation.
- Drive rolling calendar of product launches with effective go-to-market marketing campaigns.
- Regularly review MSRP. Align brand positioning, competitor offering, and margin requirements.
- Regularly review commercial success and brand impact and adjust offering accordingly.
- Accountable for marketing and content creation to engage and expand community.
- Clarify marketing objectives, decide on marketing mix, drive impactful implementation, and review results through data and analytics, pivoting as necessary.
- Using internal and external resources, guide the creative development of brand campaigns ensuring voice, tone, and aesthetic consistency.
- Responsible for upper and mid funnel marketing channels such as social media, PR, paid upper and mid funnel advertising as well as sports marketing / events / influencers / co-labs
- Set direction and boundaries for the execution of lower funnel efforts, performance marketing trade, and in-store marketing
- Ensure the right contributions from marketing funnel back into the market process
- Inspire and develop marketing team to deliver high performance results.
- Develop proactive cross functional relationships in support of brand initiatives.
- Coach individuals to become the best version of themselves in the workplace.
- Serve as a collegial member of the leadership team.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, brand management, or communications.
- 5-7+ years’ experience in brand leadership within consumer products industry.
- 2+ years of demonstrated leadership experience in cross functional role.
- Experience launching and promoting sport and recreation products a plus.
- Brand development & Category Management experience preferred.
- Ability to mobilize enthusiasm and resources in a matrix organization through interpersonal capabilities and strong communication.
- Data-driven decision-maker with a track record of optimizing campaign performance.
- Strong creative and commercial drive for growing brands with a constant ROI focus.
- Exceptional strategic thinking combined with ability and desire to execute.
- Entrepreneurial with ability to implement structure and process to drive results.
- Passion and understanding for the disc golf industry and its culture a plus.
- International travel (Sweden) 2-3 times/year required.
- This is an in-person role based out of Emporia, Kansas.